Jun 17, 2012

Wrath of the Titans - whatever.

Well, hello there, friends and foes! I have been awoken from my self-induced blog-writing abstinence by a fellow reader, criticizing us for slacking it off. So, wait, we actually have readers?!

Being in demand, I've ventured on a quest of watching eligible movies only to end up with (just my luck) pure crap. So, what is going to ensue are 9 reviews of surprisingly (or not so much) bad movies which will, surely, as of tonight, put me into the category of a prolific reviewer (Hear that, Deathstroke? GAME ON!)

Before I start, I would like to dedicate my first review to Mr. Nikola Zavisin, who's been instrumental to my return to the literary genre known as destructive criticism. Or, as I like to call it, jerking it off through the keyboard (metaforically, of course, I don't have a dick...alas)

So, Wrath of the Titans proves, yet again, that all-star cast never adds to the quality and that 3D prefix regularly hints at the movie's utter shittiness. Granted, Wrath of the Titans is slightly better than Clash of the Titans and it is safe to say that the third installment is probably already under way, though I really see no point in it, but who's asking me.

I'm getting really tired of all the Gods and Titans and the Immortals, Henry Cavill's Theseus, Sam Worthington's Perseus, maybe it's not politically correct to say it - kudos to Greek mithology and all - but it feels as if I'm watching the same movie over and over and over again.

The already epic lack of Liam Neeson's and Ralph Fiennes' standards in choosing a decent role is not something I'm going to dwell on, but having seen Man on a Ledge I got to ask: is Sam Worthington on a personal quest to destroy his career? Does the man even have 1 (ONE) good movie? And don't tell me - Avatar. Really? REALLY?!

So, yeah, sure, watch it. It's a 6, and compared to my upcoming reviews, it doesn't get better than that.