Jul 30, 2012

Safe House is not safe and highly forgettable.

Here's a review for you: I have seen it weeks ago and completely forgot about it.

Should I expand on this? To all of you out there reading our little blog, this should be enough. But, knowing how I get off on talking trash, why stop here?

Mediocre, predictable, action packed to the extreme, lack of dialogue (mind you, I'm not talking about good dialogue here, a couple of connected sentences would have been nice).

This transition of Ryan Reynolds' from comedies to action-hero aspirations is probably going smoothly in his mind and, esthetically, he has the tools to pull it off, the only problem being - I just can't see him as such and am not invested in his acting/physical characteristics to such an extent that I will ever be able to say:"Wow! Can't wait for another Ryan Reynolds' movie!"

Denzel, on the other hand, has seen better days and even though he's supposed to be a bad guy turn good (or whatever), you spend more than half of the movie seriously disliking him. Alas, since you feel exactly the same for Reynolds, there's no point in watching, is there?

In all honesty, now that The Dark Knight Rises is out, why the hell would I even bother recommending/reviewing this? Oh, well...

6 out of 10.